Freelance IT SR&ED Consultant for Toronto, Waterloo and Hamilton
Emergex SR&ED Consultants is a firm specialized in financing technology companies through claims of Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) and Ontario Interactive Digital Media (OIDMTC) tax credits, the Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP) grant and other government aids.
Our team of industry experts (PhD, MSc, BSc, MBA, PMP, engineers, computer scientists, accountants and tax experts) have mastered the specific technologies of each industry and the related legislation to support our clients from A to Z in the claim process.
Emergex is seeking a freelance consultant in Toronto to write technological reports for our clients in the Greater Toronto Area and Southern Ontario, as well as to assist our sales manager at prospect meetings.
- Our consultants are exposed to technological advances from the most innovative companies
- Emergex is committed to equitable hiring and equal career opportunities
- Interview our clients’ technical employees to identify and document R&D and OIDMTC projects
- Write the technological descriptions of our clients’ R&D projects according to the rules of the SR-ED program
- Validate roughly the eligible SR-ED expenses (we will train you)
- Ensure compliance with the timelines, methodology, processes and quality standards of Emergex
- Explain the criteria of the SRED and OIDMTC programs and coach our clients in improving their contemporaneous documentation process and adopting best practices
- Assist Emergex business development to evaluate eligibility of companies for SRED
- Experience in technical writing of SR&ED reports and/or OIDMTC claims
- At least 5 years of experience in software architecture, programming or development
- University degree in computer science or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of software industry terminology and technologies
- Excellent communication skills, spoken and written
- Excellent active listening skills and ability to conduct technical interviews to collect detailed descriptions of projects
- Interpersonal skills to enrich relations and collaborate with stakeholders
- Ease of understanding and explaining abstract or complex technical concepts
- Capacity for analysis and synthesis, intellectual curiosity and insight
- Rigour, attention to detail and ability to produce high-quality work
- Creative, reliable, autonomous, proactive, efficient, flexible and loyal
- Orientation for results and customer service
- Valid driver’s licence for occasional visits to clients
Apply by sending your resume in Word format to email@example.com with ref. code “TWH80703”.