Senior IT SR&ED Technology Advisor for Montreal
Emergex SR&ED Consultants (www.emergex.com/careers) is a firm specialized in financing technology companies through claims of Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) and E-Business (CDAE) tax credits, the Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP) grant and other government aids.
Emergex has earned the Remarkable Employer® certification from the Quebec Bureau of Standardization (BNQ), which recognizes excellence in the management of human resources and the quality of the work environment.
Emergex is seeking a permanent employee at 4 or 5 days per week for our Montreal office to write technological reports for our clients in the Greater Montreal and the province of Quebec.
- Our employees are exposed to technological advances from the most innovative companies
- Amazing offices in a historical building in Old Montreal, 500m from the subway, with a kitchen and a shower
- Group insurance and other benefits: flexible vacations, very flexible schedule and remote work that respect work / personal life balance
- Access to shared cars from Communauto for personal use at group rates
- Emergex is committed to equitable hiring and equal career opportunities
- Interview our clients’ technical employees to identify and document their R&D projects
- Write the technological descriptions of our clients’ R&D projects according to the rules of the SR-ED program (we will train you)
- Validate roughly the eligible SR-ED expenses
- Ensure compliance with the timelines, methodology, processes and quality standards of Emergex
- Explain the criteria of the SRED program and coach our clients in improving their contemporaneous documentation process and adopting best practices
- Assist Emergex business development to evaluate eligibility of companies for SRED
- Excellent knowledge of software industry terminology and technologies
- Excellent communication skills in French and English, spoken and written
- Active listening skills and ability to conduct technical interviews to collect detailed descriptions of projects
- Capacity for analysis and synthesis, intellectual curiosity and insight
- Experience in technical writing, ideally SR&ED reports
- Experience in system analysis, software architecture, programming or development
- Interpersonal skills to enrich relations and collaborate with stakeholders
- Ease of understanding and explaining abstract or complex technical concepts
- Valid driver’s licence for occasional visits to clients
Apply by sending your resume in Word format to email@example.com with ref. code “SE202”.