IT SR&ED Technology Advisor for Montreal
Emergex SR&ED Consultants (www.emergex.com/careers) is a firm specialized in financing technology companies through claims of Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) and E-Business (CDAE) tax credits, the Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP) grant and other government aids.
Our team of industry experts (PhD, MSc, BSc, MBA, PMP, engineers, computer scientists, accountants and tax experts) have mastered the specific technologies of each industry and the related legislation to support our clients from A to Z in the claim process.
Emergex is seeking a permanent employee at 4 or 5 days per week for our Montreal office to write technological reports for our clients in the Greater Montreal and the province of Quebec.
- Our employees are exposed to technological advances from the most innovative companies
- Flexible work schedule that respects work / personal life balance
- Amazing offices in a historic building in Old Montreal, 500m from the subway, with a shower for those who travel by bike.
- Emergex is committed to equitable hiring and equal career opportunities
- Interview our clients’ technical employees to identify and document their R&D projects
- Write the technological descriptions of our clients’ R&D projects according to the rules of the SR-ED program (we will train you)
- Validate roughly the eligible SR-ED expenses
- Ensure compliance with the timelines, methodology, processes and quality standards of Emergex
- Explain the criteria of the SRED program and coach our clients in improving their contemporaneous documentation process and adopting best practices
- Assist Emergex business development to evaluate eligibility of companies for SRED
- Excellent knowledge of software industry terminology and technologies
- Excellent communication skills in French and English, spoken and written
- Active listening skills and ability to conduct technical interviews to collect detailed descriptions of projects
- University degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience in technical writing, ideally SR&ED reports
- Experience in system analysis, software architecture, programming or development
- Interpersonal skills to enrich relations and collaborate with stakeholders
- Capacity for analysis and synthesis, intellectual curiosity and insight
- Ease of understanding and explaining abstract or complex technical concepts
- Valid driver’s licence for occasional visits to clients
Apply by sending your resume in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org with ref. code “SE80824”.