Freelance IT SR&ED Consultants for Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg
Emergex SR&ED Consultants is a firm specialized in financing technology companies through claims of Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) and Interactive Digital Media (IDMTC) tax credits, the Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP) grant and other government aids.
Emergex has earned the Remarquable Employer® certification from the Quebec Bureau of Standardization (BNQ), which recognizes excellence in the management of human resources and the quality of the work environment.
Emergex is seeking a freelance consultant in Western Canada to write technological reports for our clients in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba, as well as to assist our sales manager by meeting prospects.
- Our consultants are exposed to technological advances from the most innovative companies
- Emergex is committed to equitable hiring and equal career opportunities
- Interview our clients’ technical employees to identify and document R&D and IDMTC projects
- Write the technological descriptions of our clients’ R&D projects according to the rules of the SR-ED program
- Validate roughly the eligible SR-ED expenses (we will train you)
- Ensure compliance with the timelines, methodology, processes and quality standards of Emergex
- Explain the criteria of the SRED and IDMTC programs and coach our clients in improving their contemporaneous documentation process and adopting best practices
- Assist Emergex business development to evaluate eligibility of companies for SRED
- Excellent knowledge of software industry terminology and technologies
- Excellent communication skills, spoken and written
- Active listening skills and ability to conduct technical interviews to collect detailed descriptions of projects
- Capacity for analysis and synthesis, intellectual curiosity and insight
- 5 years of experience in software architecture, programming or development
- Experience in technical writing, ideally SR&ED reports and/or IDMTC claims
- Interpersonal skills to enrich relations and collaborate with stakeholders
- Ease of understanding and explaining abstract or complex technical concepts
- Valid driver’s licence for occasional visits to clients
Apply by sending your resume in Word format to email@example.com with ref. code “BASM910”.